The Courageous Conversations Charter provides a framework individuals and organisations can adopt to take action in preventing violence against women, by promoting gender equality and respect in their environment.
Statement of Commitment
As a Community member/organisation we commit to:
- Modelling respectful relationships between peers and all members of the community
- Speaking out about sexism and gender stereotypes
- Providing a safe, inclusive and supportive environment
- Providing a structural and cultural environment that promotes gender equity
Why Adopt the Charter?
The charter supports organisations to provide a safe and inclusive environment and a respectful culture, and individuals a set of core values to live by and practice. By implementing the Charter’s statements of commitment, this allows individuals and organisations to address; the reinforcement of gender stereotypes, as well as challenging sexist comments, discrimination and disrespectful behaviour. Through these discussions, organisations can
- Attract a broader and more diverse group of membership and talent pool
- Increase satisfaction and morale
- Increase productivity
- Decrease absenteeism
- Reduce membership/staff turnover
- Promote themselves as a family friendly club/organisation