Schools have an opportunity to drive attitudinal and behavioural change with young people by providing a place to learn, practice and see respectful relationships.
A whole of School approach gives students multiple exposures to key messages across the curriculum and in different schooling domains:
- Curriculum, teaching and learning;
- School policy and practices;
- School culture and environment;
- Partnerships and services.
What can schools do?
- Model, promote and facilitate equal and respectful relationships;
- Identify and address gender stereotyping;
- Implement evidence based respectful relationship programs.